Policy Related to the Handling of Personal Information
Our company will collect personal information using proper methods and in compliance with the law. Additionally, we use the following guidelines to use, manage, and protect personal information appropriately.
1. Basic Principles
Our company’s basic principles related to personal information are as follows;
（1）Identifying the purpose of usage and prohibiting usage for any other purposes
When we directly acquire personal information in writing, at that time, we will clearly identify the purpose of its usage.
When personal information is to be obtained using methods other than directly in writing, or personal information is to be indirectly acquired, the scope of the purpose of usage shall be as follows:
- To provide products and services;
- To provide after-sales service;
- To collect or provide information related to the development of new products;
- To carry out surveys, hold contests that award prizes, etc.;
- To provide information and carry out screening related to our company’s hiring activities; and
- To carry out duties related to personal management for the development, welfare, etc. of our employees.
（2）Non-disclosure/non-provision of personal information to third parties
Personal information provided to our company shall not be disclosed nor provided to third parties, except in the following cases:
- When the consent of the individual to whom the information belongs is obtained;
- When a legal order required the disclosure of personal information, etc.;
- When such disclosure or provision is necessary for the protection of a person’s life or property;
- When needed in cooperating with legal authorities such as the police or a court;
- When contracting work to a third party that uses the information within the scope of the purpose of usage;
- When deemed appropriate in cases where an inquiry requires a response from our related companies or representative agents;
- When disclosing information required by financial institutions such as for credit card payment for the payment of products and services; and
- For the continuation of business operations in case of a merger, demerger, transfer of business, etc.
（3）Strict and appropriate management of personal information
We will appropriately and carefully manage personal information.
Furthermore, we possess, and will strive to maintain and improve activities related to the guidelines outlined above as well as our efforts for the protection of personal information.
2. Inquiries Related to Personal Information
To request a confirmation of matters related to personal information, the owner of that personal information should contact the division that provides the service for which their personal data was submitted.
To prevent the leakage of personal information to third parties, personal information kept by our company will only be shared with the owner of that personal information after our business can confirm their identity.
Note that in the following situation, personal information may not be able to be provided in this way:
- The information requested does not correspond to the personal data we possess;
- The provision of such information threatens the life, physical safety, or property of the person in question or of a third party, or otherwise harms their rights and interests;
- There is the risk that such provision could significantly hinder our company’s regular business operations; or
- Doing so would violate other laws or regulations.
When there is a mistake or a change in an individual’s personal information, upon the person’s request, incorrect or old information will be corrected or deleted only in cases where the person’s identity can be confirmed (to prevent the tampering of personal information by third parties).
3. Other Matters
- Our company cannot bear any responsibility for the safety of the personal information of customers when they visit other websites that are linked to our site.
- Please contact us using the information listed below if you have any questions about the information on this page or have any inquiries about our handling of personal information.
Personal Information Managing Division: General Affairs Division, Management Quality Group, Endo Lighting Corp.
Personal Information Managing Division Contact Information:
(Location) Endo Sakai-suji Bldg., 1-7-3 Bingomachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-fu
In order to request a confirmation of their own personal information, customers should contact the division that provides the service (for information submitted online, the website’s managing division) for which the personal information was submitted.